Friday, May 29, 2009

Discrimation

This is the second time this week I have been discriminated against for different reasons. The first time, I think my age (I look young) was the reason but today it happened because I'm a girl.

I want to give Adam the P90X DVDs with a pull-up bar. He wants a specific pull-up bar so I had to tell him what I was getting him so I didn't get the wrong thing. I found one on Craigslist and called the guy. He told me that some other guy called first but he would call me if he doesn't show. I told Adam the situation and he decided to see if the guy was playing games with me. He called and the guy told him he would meet him at 3 o'clock. I feel bad Adam is going to pick up his own gift but I can't help it if this guy is scared of girls. I actually think the situation is kinda funny but also really annoying. I'll let you know if he gets the workout stuff.

UPDATE: Adam drove at least 45 minutes away. The guy didn't show. He called him and he said his girlfriend sold it. I hate Craigslist people.

2 comments:

S said...

Lauren, this guy sounds like a total Texas lowlife (I know that's state-ist) and I can't believe the guy did that! I would be so mad if I were you guys. Also, how does this guy not know that Adam or you aren't some computer whiz/mass murderer people who knows how to look up Craigslist addresses and wants to get even?!

Janene said...

My dad used to make me take his car in to get it fixed and they would give me the run-around. He would get so mad. Also, I loved it when I would go looking at cars and they wouldn't believe that I really wanted to buy one. Too bad for both Honda and Mercedes - I wanted them not a Toyota, but both dealerships gave me a runaround and I needed a car so I got a Toyota. The list goes on and on! I have even had construction people not want to deal with me only my husband, and Lance would tell them to talk to me because I knew more about what they were talking about!